Francis Ford Coppola

Francis Ford Coppola Accused of trying to ‘to kiss some of the topless and scantily clad female on ‘Megalopolis’ Set

Oscar-winning director Francis Ford Coppola faces allegations of inappropriate behavior towards female extras on the set of ‘Megalopolis.’ Insiders reveal a chaotic production environment and crew dissatisfaction amid Coppola’s disorganization and personal challenges.

Francis Ford Coppola has been accused of attempting “to kiss some of the topless and scantily clad female extras” on the set of his upcoming film, Megalopolis.

A report published Tuesday by The Guardian detailed the behavior of the 85-year-old Oscar-winning director during the film’s production, citing multiple insiders who said Coppola “could be ‘old school’ in his behavior around women.”

Eyewitnesses told the outlet that during a club scene, the renowned filmmaker “came on to the set and tried to kiss some of the topless and scantily clad female extras.”

The Detroit-born director, known for The Godfather trilogy and Apocalypse Now (which also had a famously chaotic production), is set to premiere the film at the Cannes Film Festival this week.

Darren Demetre, a producer on Megalopolis, explained that Coppola was trying to set the tone for the scene with his actions during the club shoot.

“There were two days when we shot a celebratory Studio 54-esque club scene where Francis walked around the set to establish the spirit of the scene by giving kind hugs and kisses on the cheek to the cast and background players,” Demetre said.

Demetre added that Coppola’s actions were intended to “help inspire and establish the club atmosphere, which was so important to the film.”

Demetre, who served as “one of the first assistant directors and an executive producer” of Megalopolis, stated he “was never aware of any complaints of harassment or ill behavior during the course of the project.”

He noted that Coppola successfully managed all aspects of the film’s production, featuring Adam Driver leading an ensemble cast.

“Francis successfully produced and directed an enormous independent film, making all the difficult decisions to ensure it was delivered on time and on budget, while remaining true to his creative vision,” Demetre said.

However, The Guardian’s report highlighted that multiple crew members were dissatisfied with their experiences on set, pointing to significant turnover in the visual effects and art teams.

“This sounds crazy to say,” a crew member remarked, “but there were times when we were all standing around going: ‘Has this guy ever made a movie before?'”

Another crew member described the mood on set: “We were all aware that we were participating in what might be a really sad finish to his career.”

One crew member expressed frustration with Coppola’s disorganization and his control over all aspects of the production, stating, “He would often show up in the mornings before these big sequences and because no plan had been put in place, and because he wouldn’t allow his collaborators to put a plan in place, he would often just sit in his trailer for hours on end, wouldn’t talk to anybody, was often smoking marijuana.”

The crew member continued, “Hours and hours would go by without anything being filmed. And the crew and the cast would all stand around and wait.

“And then he’d come out and whip up something that didn’t make sense, and that didn’t follow anything anybody had spoken about or anything that was on the page, and we’d all just go along with it, trying to make the best out of it.”

Daily confusion on set led the crew to “walk away shaking our heads wondering what we’d just spent the last 12 hours doing,” the crew member said.

During the making of the movie, Coppola was also dealing with the illness of his wife Eleanor Coppola, who passed away last month at the age of 87. Eleanor had been present on set “until her illness prevented her from being there,” a spokesperson told The Guardian.

Source: DailyMail

Also Read, Megan Thee Stallion Stuns in Racy Outfit as She Kicks Off Hot Girl Summer Tour

Yung Miami Announces The Gays Merch Line, Faces Backlash Over Old Homophobic Tweet

Google News Button Follow Us On Google News

About bollywoodfever

Sachin Chouhan is an avid entertainment enthusiast and dedicated follower of celebrity and entertainment news. He has always had a passion for the latest happenings in the world of entertainment and has made it his mission to stay up-to-date on all the latest trends, news, and gossip. With years of experience following the entertainment industry, Sachin has developed a keen eye for the latest celebrity fashion trends, music releases, movie reviews, and red-carpet events. His in-depth knowledge and expertise have made him a trusted source for entertainment news and celebrity updates. Contact us: admin@bollywoodfever.co.in

Check Also

Sofia Richie and Elliot Grainge Welcome Their First Child, Eloise Samantha Grainge!

Sofia Richie and Elliot Grainge Welcome Their First Child, Eloise Samantha Grainge!

Sofia Richie has just welcomed a new addition to her growing family! In an Instagram …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *