Maitreyi Ramakrishnan Wiki Age Height Weight Net Worth 2022, , Boyfriend, Husband Family Body Measurements (Figure Stats) Favorites Cars Read More
|Table Of Content|
|Family and Relationships|
|Net Worth and Favorites|
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan is a Canadian actress born on 28 December 2001 in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
She is known for her leading role as Devi Vishwakumar in the Netflix teen comedy series Never Have I Ever (2020–present).
Ramakrishnan made her professional acting debut as Devi Vishwakumar, the protagonist, in the Netflix teen comedy streaming television series Never Have I Ever.
In 2019, she was chosen by Mindy Kaling out of 15,000 candidates that had applied for an open casting call for the show.
Ramakrishnan created her audition tape at a local library, using her mother’s camera, eventually being asked to send four more videos, before having a screen test in Los Angeles and being offered the role.
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan was 17 at the time of her casting and had not acted professionally.
Her casting received significant media attention, especially in Canada, both due to the nature of the open casting call and for her Tamil Canadian identity.
The same year, Today named her one of eighteen “Groundbreakers”, a list of girls who were breaking down barriers and changing the world.
|Full Name||Maitreyi Ramakrishnan|
|Date Of Birth||28 December 2001|
|Age||21 Years (As Of 2022)|
|Birthplace||Mississauga, Ontario, Canada|
|Current Residence||Mississauga, Ontario, Canada|
Also Read, Berguzar Korel Age Height Weight Net Worth
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan is 5 feet 6 inches or 167 cm tall and weighs around 57 kg or 127 lbs.
Her body measurements are 33-28-34 Inches with Black hair and Black eyes.
|Height||5 feet 6 inches 167 cm|
|Weight||57 Kg 127 lbs.|
|Body Measurement||33-28-34 inches|
|Dress Size||6 (US)|
|Shoe Size||6 (US)|
Also Read, Halit Ergenç Age Height Weight Net Worth
Family and Relationships
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan was born to Tamil parents who had immigrated to Canada as refugees from Sri Lanka due to the civil war.
She identifies herself as Tamil Canadian rather than Sri Lankan.
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan graduated from Meadowvale Secondary School.
|College||Meadowvale Secondary School|
Also Read, Dylan Meyer Wiki Age Height Weight Net Worth
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan Net Worth and Favorites
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan net worth is as of 2022 is around 600,000 USD.
|Fav Food||Pretzels, Donuts|
|Hobbies||Music, Basketball, Video Games|
|Fav Actress||Nayanthara and Mindy Kaling|
|Fav Color||Black and White|
|Net Worth||USD $600,000 Approx.|
- Maitreyi Ramakrishnan made her professional acting debut as Devi Vishwakumar, the protagonist, in the Netflix teen comedy streaming television series Never Have I Ever.
- In 2019, she was chosen by Mindy Kaling out of 15,000 candidates that had applied for an open casting call for the show.
- Ramakrishnan created her audition tape at a local library, using her mother’s camera, eventually being asked to send four more videos, before having a screen test in Los Angeles and being offered the role.
- Ramakrishnan was 17 at the time of her casting and had not acted professionally.
- Her casting received significant media attention, especially in Canada, both due to the nature of the open casting call and for her Tamil Canadian identity.
- The same year, Today named her one of eighteen “Groundbreakers”, a list of girls who were breaking down barriers and changing the world. Also Read, Meg Turney Wiki Bio Age Height Weight Net Worth
- In late April 2020, Never Have I Ever premiered on Netflix. Both the series and Ramakrishnan’s performance received positive reviews, with Variety saying it was a “breakout performance”.
- Maitreyi Ramakrishnan received nominations for an Independent Spirit Award, a Canadian Screen Award, and an MTV Movie & TV Award.
- In July 2020, Netflix reported the series had been viewed by 40 million households globally since its release.
- In May 2020, Ramakrishnan was a co-host for the livestream segments of the 8th Canadian Screen Awards, along with Lloyd Robertson, Herbie Kuhn, Emma Hunter, Evany Rosen, Kayla Lorette, Eric McCormack, and Théodore Pellerin.
- Later that month, she also took part in the live-read series Acting for a Cause, appearing as Olivia for a live staged reading of William Shakespeare’s play Twelfth Night, to help raise money for a local hospital in Chicago, which was struggling to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In February 2021, Ramakrishnan was included and named as Breakout Actor in Time‘s Time100 Next list of influential, rising stars.
- Maitreyi Ramakrishnan also reprised her role as protagonist, Devi Vishwakumar, in the second season of Netflix’s Never Have I Ever, which premiered on the streaming platform in July that year.
- The season was positively received with critics and audiences praising Ramakrishnan’s performance.
- In March 2022, Ramakrishnan was announced as a brand ambassador for clothing retailer American Eagle’s “Member’s Always: Future Together” campaign along with Madelyn Cline, Joshua Bassett, Michael Evans Behling, Coco Gauff, and Mxmtoon.
Also Read, Valentina Nappi Age Height Weight Net Worth
- Later that month, she voiced the character of Priya Mangal, a deadpan girl that is one of the protagonist’s best friends, in the Pixar animated fantasy comedy film Turning Red.
- The film was released on Disney+ along with a limited theatrical release, and received critical acclaim.
- In April 2022, she began starring in the voice role of Zipp Storm, in the My Little Pony franchise’s made-for-YouTube 2D animated web series, My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale (replacing Liza Koshy who had voiced the character in the 2021 Netflix film My Little Pony: A New Generation).
- That same month, Ramakrishnan received the honorary Radius Award from the Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television at the 10th Canadian Screen Awards, for her global impact on television of South Asian representation in Hollywood and breaking Asian stereotypes, as well as her work as a Canadian.
- In May 2022, she reprised her voice role as Zipp Storm in the Netflix CGI-animated series special — My Little Pony: Make Your Mark.
Follow us or bookmark us for more Celeb Bio box office collection report celebrities trailers and promos
Join us on Facebook
Join us on Twitter