Marisa Tomei Age Height Weight Body Stats Net Worth 2022, Boyfriend, Husband Family Body Measurements (Figure Stats) Favorites Cars Read More
Marisa Tomei is an American actress born on December 4, 1964 in Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
As of 2022, Marisa Tomei is 58 years old and her zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
She is the recipient of various accolades, including an Academy Award, in addition to nominations for a British Academy Film Award, a Daytime Emmy Award, two Golden Globe Awards, and three Screen Actors Guild Awards.
After working on the television series As the World Turns (1983–1985), Tomei came to prominence as a cast member on The Cosby Show spin-off A Different World in 1987.
After having minor roles in a few films, she came to international attention in 1992 with the comedy My Cousin Vinny, for which she won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
Marisa Tomei received two additional Academy Award nominations for In the Bedroom (2001) and The Wrestler (2008). Also Read, Alésia Glidewell Age Height Weight Body Stats Net Worth
Tomei has appeared in a number of successful films, including What Women Want (2000), Anger Management (2003), Wild Hogs (2007), The Ides of March (2011), and Parental Guidance (2012).
She also portrayed May Parker in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, having appeared in Captain America: Civil War (2016), Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017), Avengers: Endgame (2019), Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019), and Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021).
Tomei was formerly involved with the Naked Angels Theater Company and appeared in plays, such as Daughters (1986), Wait Until Dark (1998), Top Girls (2008), for which she received a nomination for the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Featured Actress in a Play, and The Realistic Joneses (2014), for which she received a special award at the Drama Desk Awards.
Also Read, Sila Turkoglu Age Height Weight Body Stats Net Worth
|Full Name||Marisa Tomei|
|Date Of Birth||December 4, 1964|
|Age||58 Years (as of 2022)|
|Birthplace||Brooklyn, New York, U.S|
Also Read, Tennessee Thresher Age Height Weight Body Stats Net Worth
Marisa Tomei Body Measurements
|Height||5 feet 5 inches (1.64 m)|
|Weight||54 kg (119 lbs)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Also Read, Asa Butterfield Age Height Weight Wife Kids Net Worth
Family and Relationship
Marisa Tomei was born to Adelaide “Addie”, an English teacher, and Gary A. Tomei, a trial lawyer.
Marisa Tomei has a younger brother, actor Adam Tomei, and was partly raised by her paternal grandparents.
Tomei’s parents are both of Italian descent; her father’s ancestors came from Tuscany, Calabria, and Campania, while her mother’s ancestors are from Tuscany and Sicily.
Between 2008 and 2012, Tomei was in a relationship with actor Logan Marshall-Green.
They were rumored to be engaged, but a representative for Tomei denied this.
Marisa Tomei said in 2009, “I’m not that big a fan of marriage as an institution, and I don’t know why women need to have children to be seen as complete human beings.”
|Father||Gary A. Tomei|
Also Read, Mimi Keene Age Height Weight Body Stats Net Worth
|School||Edward R. Murrow High School|
|College||College of Fine Arts|
Net Worth and Favorites
Marisa Tomei Net Worth as of 2022 is 5 million USD Approx.
|Fav Food||Pizza, Burger|
|Fav Color||Red, Pink, Green|
|Travel Destination||Greece, London and Paris|
|Net Worth||5 million USD Approx.|
Also Read, Connor Swindells Age Height Weight Wife Kids Net Worth
- Marisa Tomei followed up As the World Turns in 1986 with a role on the sitcom A Different World as Maggie Lauten during the first season.
- Her film debut was a minor role in the 1984 comedy film The Flamingo Kid, in which she played Mandy, a waitress. She had only one line in the film.
- During this phase, she made her stage debut in 1987 at the age of 22 in the off-Broadway play Daughters, playing Cetta.
- The role earned her rave reviews and the Theatre World Award for outstanding debut on stage.
- Following several small films, including Oscar, Tomei came to international prominence with her comedic performance in the 1992 film My Cousin Vinny, for which she received critical praise.
- During the 1990s, Tomei made several television appearances. In 1996, she made a guest appearance on the sitcom Seinfeld, playing herself in the two-part episode “The Cadillac”.
- In the episode, George Costanza attempts to get a date with her through a friend of Elaine Benes. She also made an appearance on The Simpsons as movie star Sara Sloane, who falls in love with Ned Flanders.
- Former Saturday Night Live cast member Jay Mohr wrote in his book Gasping for Airtime that as guest host in October 1994 Tomei insisted that the proposed sketch “Good Morning Brooklyn” not be used because she did not like the idea of being stereotyped.
- This displeased SNL’s writers and performers given the show’s penchant for satirizing celebrities.
- Marisa Tomei did parody her My Cousin Vinny role and its considerable Brooklyn influence in a skit spoofing the 1995 O.J. Simpson murder trial.
Also Read, Diane Morgan Age Height Weight Body Stats Net Worth
- Marisa Tomei appeared in the 2000 film What Women Want, a commercial success, and had a supporting role in the romantic comedy Someone Like You.
- In 2001, she appeared in Todd Field’s Best Picture nominee In the Bedroom, earning several awards including a ShoWest Award for Best Supporting Actress in 2002. Variety wrote, “Tomei is winning in what is surely her most naturalistic and unaffected performance, while The New York Times writer Stephen Holden exclaimed, “Ms. Tomei’s ruined, sorrowful Natalie is easily her finest screen role.”
- In the Bedroom earned Tomei a second Academy Award nomination and her first Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress.
- Marisa Tomei also shared a Screen Actors Guild Award nomination for Outstanding Performance by a Cast.
- In 2002, she appeared in the Bollywood-inspired film The Guru and voiced the role of Bree Blackburn, one of the two main antagonists in the animated feature film The Wild Thornberrys Movie.
- In 2008, Tomei played Cassidy/Pam, a struggling stripper, in the Darren Aronofsky film The Wrestler. She appeared in several nude dance numbers in the film.
- Aronofsky said, “This role shows how courageous and brave Marisa is. And ultimately she’s really sexy. We knew nudity was a big part of the picture, and she wanted to be that exposed and vulnerable.”
- In 2010, Tomei appeared in Cyrus, a comedy-drama co-starring John C. Reilly and Jonah Hill.
- Tomei hosted the 2011 Scientific and Technical Awards, which was followed by an appearance at the 83rd Academy Awards.
- Marisa Tomei was featured in the second episode of the third season of NBC’s Who Do You Think You Are?, on February 10, 2012.
- In the episode, she traveled to Tuscany and to the island of Elba to uncover the truth about the 100-year-old murder of her great-grandfather, Francesco Leopoldo Bianchi.
Also Read, Mckenna Grace Age Height Weight Net Worth
Follow us or bookmark us for more Celeb Bio box office collection report celebrities trailers and promos
Join us on Facebook
Join us on Twitter