Nick Riewoldt Age Height Weight Wife Kids Net Worth 2022, Girlfriend, Family Body Stats Favorites Cars Read More
Nicholas Fredrick Riewoldt is a former Australian rules footballer who played for the St Kilda Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL).
He was born on 17 October 1982, in Hobart, Tasmania.
Nick Riewoldt was the first draft selection in the 2000 AFL draft.
He was the captain of St Kilda in 2005 and from 2007 to 2016. Riewoldt holds the all-time record for most marks in VFL/AFL history, surpassing Gary Dempsey in late 2017.
|Real Name||Nicholas Fredrick Riewoldt|
|Nick Name||Roo, Rooey|
|Date Of Birth||17 October 1982|
|Age||40 Years (As Of 2022)|
|Current Residence||Gold Coast, Queensland|
Also Read, Anitta Wiki Bio Age Height Weight Net Worth
Nick Riewoldt is 6 feet 4 inch or 194 cm tall and weighs around 91 kg or 201 lbs.
He has Brown hair and Brown eyes.
|Height||6 feet 4 inch 194 cm|
|Weight||91 Kg 201 lbs.|
Also Read, Larissa Bonesi Wiki Bio Age Height Weight Net Worth
Family and Relationships
Born to father Joerg and mother Fiona, Riewoldt and his family moved to the Gold Coast, Queensland, when he was 9 years old.
Nick Riewoldt is married to Catherine Heard.
The pair married in October 2012 at her parent’s property in Waco, Texas, United States.
They have three sons, born in 2014, 2016 and 2019.
His sister Madeleine died of aplastic anaemia, a rare bone marrow condition, in February 2015 at the age of 26.
Nick Riewoldt and his family established Maddie Riewoldt’s Vision to raise funds for research into new treatments for blood cancers.
Once a year during the AFL season, when the St Kilda Saints (Nick Riewoldt’s team) and the Richmond Tigers (his cousin Jack Riewoldt’s) are scheduled to play against each other, it has become known as “Maddie’s Match” and acts as a fundraiser to find new and improved treatments for aplastic anaemia.
He was the winner of the second season of Celebrity MasterChef Australia.
Also Read, Top 10 Hot Stunning Beach Models
He attended Robina State Primary School from Grade 5 and became the school’s vice captain and UNICEF representative.
Nick Riewoldt later switched to All Saints Anglican School during his high school years
Australian rules football was not offered in many Queensland schools at the time but he made a name for himself as an overall sportsman, participating in the school’s athletics, cross country, cricket, soccer and touch football teams at a high level.
Academically, he also excelled in the studies of physics and chemistry.
|School||Robina State Primary School and All Saints Anglican School|
Also Read, Darez Diggs Wiki Age Height Weight Net Worth
Net Worth and Favorites
Nick Riewoldt net worth As of 2022 is 3.5 Million USD Approx.
|Net Worth||USD $3.5 Million Approx.|
Also Read, Kisses Delavin Wiki Bio Age Height Weight Net Worth
- Nick Riewoldt was the No. 1 Draft Pick in the 2000 AFL Draft and made his debut in 2001.
- He won the AFL Rising Star Award in 2002, earning his nomination in round 5 for his efforts in a drawn match against Sydney.
- His breakout season was 2004 when he took an AFL record 256 marks and also finished in the top ten for both the Coleman and Brownlow medals.
- He received the AFL Players Association Most Valuable Player Award, the Leigh Matthews Trophy and was selected in the 2004 All-Australian Team for the first time.
- Nick Riewoldt was rewarded for his 2004 efforts when St Kilda named him club captain for 2005 as part of their rotating captaincy policy.
- His 2005 season began badly as he broke his collarbone in the third quarter of the first game of the season against the Brisbane Lions.
- This drew controversy as he was then bumped after the injury by Lions players Chris Scott and Mal Michael.
- The pair were not asked to face the AFL tribunal on charges of misconduct for targeting an injured player as it was ruled that they would not have known that Riewoldt was injured, that Riewoldt had waved away a trainer that was attending to the injury and that the bumps did not contribute to the injury.
Also Read, Grazi Massafera Wiki Bio Age Height Weight Net Worth
- At the beginning of the 2007 season, Lyon appointed Riewoldt Co-Captain of the St Kilda Football Club, along with Luke Ball and Lenny Hayes, both former captains themselves.
- Back and hamstring injuries forced Riewoldt to miss the first three matches of the season. Riewoldt started the season well, with eight goals in his first two matches. In Round 7, Riewoldt dominated against the Sydney Swans, which kick started another outstanding year. Despite the Saints missing the finals, Riewoldt enjoyed a better year statistically than 2004, narrowly winning St Kilda’s best and fairest Trevor Barker Award ahead of defender Sam Fisher.
- During St Kilda’s 28-point Round 3 win over Collingwood, on 9 April 2010, Riewoldt experienced a high-grade hamstring tear.
- Nick Riewoldt underwent surgery and made his return in Round 15, playing 15 games in the season for 39 goals.
- Riewoldt would play in the drawn 2010 AFL Grand Final and its subsequent replay, also against Collingwood.
- In the first game, Nick Riewoldt kicked two goals and was among St Kilda’s best players. After the game, the two captains, Riewoldt and Nick Maxwell of Collingwood, both stated that they would have preferred an extra time period. Ultimately, this would be the last grand final to be replayed, as a provision for extra time in the case of a draw was introduced in 2016.
- In the second game, however, Riewoldt was infamously chased down and tackled to prevent an otherwise certain goal from point-blank range by Collingwood’s Heath Shaw. St Kilda ultimately lost the replay by 56 points.
- On 31 July 2017, Nick Riewoldt announced that he would retire at the end of the season.
- He played the final game of his career in Round 23 when he had 15 disposals, 8 marks and 1 goal in a loss to the Richmond Tigers, his cousin’s team. In Round 17, it was thought Riewoldt had beaten Gary Dempsey’s supposed tally of 2,906 marks, but research not long after by veteran statistician Col Hutchinson revealed that there were possession stats missing from a game from Dempsey’s career, with only his goal in that game being counted towards his stats.
- Nevertheless, Nick Riewoldt broke the record beyond all reasonable doubt before the end of his final season, taking 38 more marks than Dempsey’s recorded tally.
- For reference, Brian Lake holds the post-1999 record for most marks in a game, with 24.
Also Read, Namita Thapar Wiki Bio Age Height Weight Net Worth
Also Read, Alan Ritchson Age Height Weight Wife Kids Net Worth
Follow us or bookmark us for more Celeb Bio box office collection report celebrities trailers and promos
Join us on Facebook
Join us on Twitter