OnePlus Nord N20 5G is now available in the United States.
The mid-range smartphone space in the US is a joke compared to the rest of the world, given that brands that are traditionally powerful in this area are simply missing – think Xiaomi/Redmi/Poco, Realme, and so on.
Thus, the landscape is pretty barren – and in this barren landscape, OnePlus is making a nice buck for itself with the Nord N series.
The Nord N20 5G launched in April on T-Mobile, and the exclusivity has finally run out.
You can now purchase a OnePlus Nord N20 5G in unlocked form from OnePlus itself or Best Buy, and Amazon should also join the party at some point later tonight.
You’ll need to pay $299 for owning one of these, which nets you the phone with 6B of RAM and 128GB of storage.
Note, however, that the N20 won’t work on Verizon, and if you use it on AT&T, you’ll get 4G only.
On T-Mobile and any MVNOs using its network, you’ll also be able to access 5G.
The OnePlus Nord N20 5G comes with a 6.43-inch 1080×2400 60 Hz AMOLED touchscreen, the Snapdragon 695 chipset, a triple rear camera system (64 MP main, 2 MP macro, 2 MP depth), a 16 MP selfie shooter, and a 4,500 mAh battery with 33W fast charging.
With those specs, at that price, it’s a good buy in the US (but much less so anywhere else) if you can get past the fact that it runs Android 11, which, in 2022, is just laughable anyway, if you’re interested to learn more about this device.
OnePlus Nord N20 5G specs at a glance:
- Body: 159.9×73.2×7.5mm, 173g; Schott Xensation Up cover glass, plastic frame, and back cover
- Display: 6.43″ AMOLED, sRGB, DCI P3, 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 409ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm): Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 660 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 660 Silver); Adreno 619.
- Memory: 6GB, 128GB; LPDDR4x, UFS 2.2.
- OS/Software: Android 11, Oxygen OS 11.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 64 MP, f/1.8, PDAF; Monochrome: 2 MP, f/2.4; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f/2.4.
- Video capture: Main: 1080p@30fps, 720p@120/30fps, EIS; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 4,500mAh; 33W SuperVOOC.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (under display, optical); NFC; Bluetooth 5.1; GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band), GLONASS, Galileo, A-GPS.
The Nord N20 comes with Android 11/OxygenOS 11 out of the box, so it misses out on the awkward mishmash of OxygenOS and ColorOS that came with version 12, pre-loaded out of the box on the OnePlus 10 Pro.
Meanwhile, the Snapdragon 695 5G is now on the 6nm process versus the 690s 8nm.
With the bump in battery size, the switch to AMOLED, and a more efficient chipset, we anticipate significantly improved battery endurance and notably enhanced CPU performance.
The OnePlus Nord N20 5G omits one of OnePlus’s most unique features: the physical alert slider.
Granted, this isn’t a deal-breaker for a device of this price range, and up until now, we’re beginning to get used to the idea of OnePlus rebranding Oppo devices and selling them in the US under the more established OnePlus brand since Oppo has no presence in the US market.
With the Nord N20 5G, OnePlus is solidifying its budget 5G smartphone offerings under the Nord branding.
The US only sees OnePlus’ cheaper Nord devices and selects OnePlus flagship models, so it will be interesting to see how the company continues to roll out its branding throughout North America.
Follow us or bookmark us for more Celeb Bio box office collection report celebrities trailers and promos
Join us on Facebook
Join us on Twitter