Two Men Found Dead in Suitcases Near Clifton Suspension Bridge
Police investigate the suspected hate crime murder of Albert Alfonso and Paul Longworth, whose bodies were found in suitcases near Clifton Suspension Bridge. Yostin Andres Mosquera has been charged.
Bollywood Fever: Police are investigating the suspected murder of two men, whose bodies were found in suitcases near Clifton Suspension Bridge, as a potential hate crime. Yostin Andres Mosquera, 34, has been charged with two counts of murder and remanded in custody after appearing at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court.
The victims, identified as 62-year-old Albert Alfonso and 71-year-old Paul Longworth, had previously been in a relationship and continued to live together in a flat on Scotts Road, Shepherd’s Bush. Mosquera, who also resided on Scotts Road, allegedly murdered the men between July 8 and July 10 in the London borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.

During a brief hearing at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court, Mosquera, assisted by a Spanish interpreter, confirmed his name, address, and date of birth. Lead magistrate Christina Ruiz remanded him in custody, noting that the court lacked the authority to consider bail. Mosquera is scheduled to appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday.
A photograph has surfaced showing Mosquera smiling on a speedboat with Mr. Alfonso, who had originally been from France but had obtained British citizenship, and Mr. Longworth at a luxury hotel resort in Cartagena, Colombia. According to the Metropolitan Police, Mosquera had been staying with the two men at their Scotts Road address for a short period. Authorities have stated that they are not seeking any other suspects in connection with the case, seeking to reassure the LGBTQ+ community in London.

“The evidence gathered so far does not suggest there was a homophobic motive in this case,” a police statement read. “Officers have followed national guidelines and have initially categorized the incident as a hate crime. This classification will assist in shaping elements of the investigation. It will be reviewed as any clearer evidence of a specific motive becomes available.”
The police are conducting thorough inquiries to determine if there may be any linked offenses in the UK or overseas, although none have been identified thus far. Detectives continue to build a comprehensive understanding of the circumstances, including any prior incidents that may be connected to this case.
A neighbor expressed their sorrow to the Mail: “Albert and Paul were lovely guys. It’s devastating. They were both really friendly and polite and smiled a lot. I last saw Paul a month or so ago in the pub, and he told me that he was retiring. He said he was also due to go to Pride in Brighton. Paul and Albert had lived together for years. They were really quiet. There was never any issue with them. The police had never been called to their flat or anything like that. I haven’t heard anything out of the ordinary these last few days. It’s so sad.”
Deputy Assistant Commissioner Andy Valentine extended his condolences: “My thoughts are first and foremost with Albert and Paul’s loved ones who are coming to terms with this terrible news. While we do not believe either of them had any close family, we have identified other next of kin who have been informed and are being supported by specialist officers. We are continuing to try and identify any extended family members.”
Valentine addressed community concerns: “I know that this awful incident will cause concern not just among residents in Shepherd’s Bush but in the wider LGBTQ+ community across London. I hope it will be of some reassurance that whilst inquiries are still ongoing and the investigation is at a relatively early stage, we are not currently looking for anyone else in connection with the two murders.”
He added that officers have been working with the pan-London LGBTQ+ Independent Advisory Group (IAG) since the victims’ identities and sexual orientation were established, benefiting from their advice, expertise, and support. The police will continue to collaborate with the IAG and other partners as the investigation progresses.
The Met Police urges anyone with information that could assist the investigation to call 101, referencing 306/12JUL. Information can also be provided to the LGBTQ+ charity Galop at www.galop.org.uk or anonymously via Crimestoppers at 0800 555 111.
Also Read, Texas Father Files $1 Million Lawsuit Against Daycare After Alleged Abuse of Two-Year-Old Son
Explosives Found in Car of Trump’s Would-Be Assassin Thomas Crooks
Tragic End to Search for Missing British Teen Jay Slater in Tenerife