MyKayla Skinner’s Husband Defends Her Amid Social Media Feud with Simone Biles

MyKayla Skinner’s husband Jonas Harmer supports her amid ongoing social media drama with Simone Biles, calling her the “strongest person” he knows.

Bollywood Fever: MyKayla Skinner’s husband, Jonas Harmer, has expressed his unwavering support for her amidst the social media controversy involving Simone Biles. “Proud of you for apologizing when you did, staying quiet when you did, and now standing up for yourself. You’re the strongest person I know!” Harmer commented on Skinner’s Instagram apology video on Tuesday.

The tension between Skinner and Biles began in June when Skinner criticized the Team USA women’s gymnastics team in a now-deleted YouTube video, stating, “Besides Simone, I feel like the talent and the depth just isn’t like what it used to be. The girls just don’t have the work ethic.” This comment sparked significant backlash from fans.

MyKayla Skinner's Husband Defends Her Amid Social Media Feud with Simone Biles

The issue resurfaced when Biles, who won three gold medals and a silver at the 2024 Paris Olympics, appeared to indirectly address Skinner’s comments in a celebratory Instagram post, captioned, “lack of talent, lazy, olympic champions ❤️🥇🇺🇸.” Biles later revealed that Skinner had blocked her on social media.

Amid the escalating drama, Skinner, 27, posted an emotional video on Instagram, pleading with Biles to ask her fans to stop the harassment directed at her and her family. “Things have really gotten out of hand lately… It’s one thing to disagree with me… but it’s something else entirely when that turns into cyberbullying or even worse,” Skinner said. She highlighted that the bullying had led to threats of physical harm to her, her husband, and their daughter.

MyKayla Skinner's Husband Defends Her Amid Social Media Feud with Simone Biles

Skinner admitted her YouTube comments were poorly articulated and insisted she never intended to harm or offend the US Olympic Team. She claimed to have sent handwritten apologies to her teammates, receiving a positive response only from Biles.

“You guys can imagine my surprise last week when I was celebrating our team winning gold, just to see this all brought up all over again by a caption on an Instagram post,” Skinner continued. She expressed heartbreak over Biles’ post, which she said had incited another wave of hateful comments and death threats against her and her family.

“So, to Simone, I am asking you directly and publicly to please put a stop to this. Please ask your followers to stop,” Skinner pleaded, emphasizing Biles’ role as a champion for mental health awareness.

As of now, Biles has not publicly responded to Skinner’s request. Skinner’s post received mixed reactions on social media, with some fans commending her for her vulnerability, while others reminded her that the controversy stemmed from her own comments.


Also Read Latest Sports News, Vinesh Phogat Disqualified from Women’s 50kg Wrestling Final at Paris Olympics

Harrison Butker Stands by Controversial Speech Amid Criticism

Vinesh Phogat Retires from Wrestling After Paris Olympics Disqualification

Nicholas Edwards

Nicholas Edwards is a passionate writer with a keen interest in sports and business news. With a knack for delivering insightful and engaging content, Nicholas keeps his finger on the pulse of the latest developments in these dynamic fields. His enthusiasm for both sports and business shines through in his writing, making complex topics accessible to a wide audience. Whether it's dissecting the latest game-changing play or analyzing market trends, Nicholas brings a fresh perspective and a wealth of knowledge to his articles. Email @ [email protected]

You may also like...