All You Want To Know About The 2022 BMW X6.
The fastback, coupe-style form of SUV has become so popular that several premium automakers now offer sloping-roof variants of traditional SUVs.
The BMW X6, though, set the trend and it’s now in its third generation. These SUVs are unique in the sense that they are SUVs trying to look more like sport coupes, but they don’t handle as well.
They’re also less practical than regular SUVs due to the reduction in cargo space, rear headroom and rear visibility.
But, hey, since when has practicality been a roadblock for fashion?
Updates for the 2022 BMW X6 are minimal. The biggest change is the discontinuation of the rear-wheel-drive sDrive40i model, which makes the X6 lineup all-wheel-drive only.
The xDrive40i is now the only non-BMW M model available in the lineup. The M50i has a powerful V8 and offers more features, but it comes with a significant price increase.
The high-performance X6 M is the top model that carries a six-digit starting price.
The BMW X6 lineup is great for those with a smaller family who want a sporty, premium SUV.
Larger families will likely want the extra cargo space and rear headroom of the X5, with which the X6 shares many features and driving dynamics. Also Read, About Gold Line Company seller of gold and silver coins
As with many BMWs, the X6 has a high-quality cabin and a comfortable ride.
If you’re curious about other premium SUVs with rakish rooflines, check out rivals like the Audi Q8, the Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe and the Porsche Cayenne Coupe.
The 2022 BMW X6 gets quite a few upgrades from the outgoing 2021 model and that includes drivetrain upgrades, additional features, and design changes.
The main update is the inclusion of the xDrive AWD drivetrain as standard for the base 40i trim of the 2022 X6.
However, this has resulted in the price hike of the X6 by over $2,000.
The interior changes include enhanced Bluetooth connectivity and the removal of wireless charging.
The two new exterior colors and reshuffled optional packages are onboard too.
The design is what makes the 2022 BMW X6 feel like it is from a segment above.
This sports activity coupe looks sporty from all angles and the coupe-like roofline gives it the necessary aggression when viewed from the side profile.
The beautifully crafted 20″ V-spoke alloy wheels gels well with the sporty character of the SUV and the sharp character lines and the fender vents compliments the overall stance too.
If you get the sporty M50i, the X6 comes with more performance flair in terms of design with the beautiful M Sport brake calipers in red or blue and the sleek 22″ alloy wheels.
The dual exhaust sounds and looks perfect and the subtle touches like LED headlights and taillights, air diffuser, massive air vents at the front, and the impressive width does wonders to the X6 in terms of road presence.
The 2022 X6 comes in only two trims: the xDrive40i and the M50i. The xDrive40i has a turbocharged 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine that produces 335 horsepower and 331 lb-ft of torque, and the M50i packs a turbocharged 4.4-liter V8 engine that puts out 523 hp and 553 lb-ft. Both engines are backed by an eight-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive is standard. Feature highlights include:
Standard features on the base model include:
- Adaptive LED headlights
- 20-inch wheels
- 12.3-inch touchscreen (standard on models produced early in the year)
- 12.3-inch display screen (standard on models produced later in the year)
- Navigation system
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Leather upholstery
- Heated front sport seats
- 10-speaker audio system
- Adjustable ambient lighting
- Panoramic sunroof
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Blind-spot monitoring (alerts you if a vehicle in the next lane over is in your blind spot)
- Forward collision mitigation (warns you of an impending collision and applies the brakes in certain scenarios)
- Lane departure warning (alerts you if the vehicle begins to drift out of its lane)
A performance version of the X6 that adds:
- Upgraded brakes
- Sport steering wheel
- Ventilated front seats
- Four-zone automatic climate control
- 16-speaker Harman Kardon audio system
- Adaptive sport suspension
- Unique interior and exterior trim
- Simulated suede headliner
- Sport differential
- Sport exhaust system
From here you can add a variety of options. Key packages to look out for include:
M Sport package (xDrive40i only)
- Unique exterior trim
- Unique 20-inch wheels
- BMW M steering wheel
- Hand-based gesture controls
- Head-up display (displays important information in your sight line on the windshield)
- Remote engine start
- Features of the Premium package
- Glass-trimmed gear selector
- Upgraded LED headlights
- Manual rear side window shades
- Panoramic LED starlight glass roof
Driving Assistance Professional package
- Adaptive cruise control (maintains a driver-set distance between the BMW and the car in front)
- Lane keeping system (makes minor steering corrections to help keep the vehicle centered in its lane)
- Evasive steering assist (enhances the forward collision mitigation system with steering-based collision avoidance)
- Forward cross-traffic warning (warns you if a vehicle is about to cross your path)
Parking Assistance package
- Front and rear automatic braking (while parking)
- Drive video recorder
- 360-degree camera system (gives you a top-down view of the X6 and its surroundings for tight parking situations)
- Automated parking system (steers into a parking spot with little or no driver intervention)
Climate Comfort package
- Heated steering wheel and armrests
- Rear heated seats
- Four-zone climate control
Dynamic Handling package
- Adaptive steering system that includes rear-wheel steering (enhances the X6’s agility)
- Performance-tuned suspension
Specification of BMW X6
|ARAI Mileage||10.31 kmpl|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||2998|
|No. of cylinder||6|
|Max Power (bhp@rpm)||335.25bhp@5500-6500rpm|
|Max Torque (nm@rpm)||450Nm@1500-5200rpm|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||83.0|
All You Want To Know About The 2022 BMW X6
Join us on Facebook
Join us on Twitter